Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Patch...No....Costco Yes!

         Yesterday, I had the bright idea of us taking Ava to a pumpkin patch that had rides and all that good kind of stuff, and of course I told her that we were going to the pumpkin patch...
      well when we got there I found out it was going to cost us $8 bucks to get in plus the cost of tickets for the rides, which I have to say it was like a super small fair the kind where I wouldn't trust the rides as much as I would a real fair. So, being the broke people we are I said I can't imagine paying to get in and then spending money on tickets when I know we won't end up being there for long... cut to us leaving and Ava screaming in the back "pumpkins" with full blown crying! yikes! We felt super bad, so I told her let's go eat "pizza". We were going to go to Costco and one of her favorite things is pizza so I felt like this would lessen the blow. 
           As you can see the "pizza" thing worked, and the "pumpkins" were forgotten or at least until she goes to therapy later in life! And by the way before you think we are horrible parents for not just taking her, we are going to big Halloween safe street walk/thing on Friday which should be super fun! 

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I would have done the same thing. :) We went to Costco yesterday too! I love that place. Well, until the baby starts screaming and Kadence dumps her sample of chicken soup all over the floor. Then it's not so fun. :)

Anonymous said...

How funny. I am the same way. "You want $8? For what? Then I still need to buy tickets? Are you kidding me?!" Thank God kids are so easily redirected, even if it's after a fit. And who doesn't love Costco? We go there every Sunday after church. I don't know many families that eat hot dogs at 10am, but we do EVERY week! :) Pretty sad, but I think we are becoming regulars at Costco. Haha.