Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sick Times, Pretend Park, and Sweet Potatoes!

It's been a while since my last blog, so here is a few things that have been going on in the last few days. Cole and Ava both got colds, so we stayed home for a few days to get better. Here is sick little Ava she looks so sad. Glad to say we are all better now.
Instead of going to the real park where I have to load the kids up and take the stroller we walked over to a small area in our neighborhood with some park benches and dessert landscape. I told Ava we were going to the park and it pretty much worked, we had fun playing with her animals. 
Now when I tell her to smile for the camera she busts out into some crazy poses! Oh and when we left our "pretend park" she asked when we were going to the park, so I guess she knew it wasn't really a park after all.
Here is Cole at the "pretend park".
A few days ago I introduced Cole to his first food besides rice cereal, some yummy sweet potatoes! I was waiting for some kind of big reaction to the new flavor he was eating but he just acted like he has ate them since birth! He has had no trouble eating a whole container either! He is now weighing in around 18 lbs and has just turned 5 months old! 
Here is Ava with another one of her crazy poses for the camera, playing animals again her favorite thing right now but she is also into fake food and making you food to "eat"!  Well I think I am caught up on the last week days. Be on the look out for my potty training blogs!

7 comments:

Harper said...

I love the sweet potato picture! And is that a soft serve ice cream cone in the backround on his exersaucer??

Joanna said...

So cute! I love the fake park story. It is SO much easier to walk where you are going! Makes me wish I lived in NY. Not really.
Yay for real food!

Jennifer Herbolsheimer said...

Cole looks so grown up in that close up shot. WOW!

And who doesn't like sweet potatoes! :0

Irene Joy said...

Chandler does the same thing with poses! I love your inventive fake park... lol even if she knew it wasn't the real one! :)

Ooooh sweet potatos. That and carrots make for interesting diaper changes. :)

Sam and Bria said...

Looks like fun. Sorry the kids are sick. :( Korbin likes to pose all weird for the camera now to.

Denise said...

I love how Ava has her animals in every picture. Tell Chickie I said "hey".

Elaine said...

You are so funny. Love the 'pretend park' ploy you attemped :) That's totally something I would do...but Mason always catches on to my schemes.