Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Teething at almost Four Months?!?

So I am thinking my little big guy might be teething? He is drooling, chewing on hands, blankets, my fingers, but I don't feel any teeth yet and he has been doing this for a while.


He has also been pretty fussy. I have given him icy teethers to chew... any one have any advice on what to do to help him out? Ava didn't get her first teeth till she was around 10 months so this is a whole new thing for me, if in fact he is getting teeth! 

4 comments:

Jennifer Herbolsheimer said...

Holy cow he is getting big. Not sure what to do about the teeth - sorry. I'm sure it could be, since every baby is different. I always used those Hyland's teething tablets because they were natural. Not sure if you could give him to him that young, though. Maybe just call your ped & see if it could be?

Harper said...

Dude, Trevor got teeth at 3 months....it's hard since they're too small for food, etc. Once you start him on some solids (prob. soon, right?) the thing that saved our life was that apple teether, that you put a sliced up apple in and then gnaw on the mesh part. Also, we bought a bunch of those teethers to freeze. Also, take a washcloth, get it wet and put it in the freezer for a little bit, then let him suck on the cold frozen cloth...they LOVE that!

Irene Joy said...

It could be growing pains. A baby grows the most in his life in the first four months. Length, weight, head circumference. All that stuff can be painful! "growing pains" isn't just a saying it's really true! I've read a lot of articles on the subject. Google it!

He looks so yummy. I just wanna smooch him!

Elaine said...

Both of my kids started teething super early too! I think it was around 3 months actually. Their shirts were drenched, crankiness increased, and they were knawing on everything! I also used teething tablets, but did enjoy the orajel mouth swabs (worked great)!