Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mount Charleston

A 45 minute drive from our house in Vegas is this! Can you believe it!? Yep, Vegas is surrounded by mountains and up the mount is quite a bit of snow and even a little ski resort! 
A hard thing to find in Vegas is a little sled, we tried 5 stores before leaving! We settle for a small bucket, it worked as you can see.
Cole and I hung out and watched daddy and sister sled.
After the snow time we went to check out the ski "resort" area. It was small but it had some yummy hot cocoa! 
We enjoyed people watching and felt really old with all the young snowboarders around us. Might I add that I was saying a little prayer that my children don't end up like the ones that were around us! 
                                                  Miss Ava looking cute in her hat and jacket!
We had a fun day at the snow. I am sure we will go back again soon or even in the summer, sense it's always about 20' cooler than Vegas! 

7 comments:

Tiffany DanDjinou said...

That looks like so much fun. We have only been once, we'll have to go again soon. Great weekend idea.

The Lager blog said...

Looks like you guys a fun...We LOVE it up their, we usually always go up their and let the kids run around they LOVE it...it nice up their around summer time too. You should stop to eat at the ?? hum I forgot the name..lol but it's up their by the cute little cabins..they have YUMMY food. :0)

Joanna said...

Wow! I can't believe that is close to Vegas! I'm glad you guys had a good time - looks like so much fun! :)

Jennifer Herbolsheimer said...

Looks fun! Snow play rocks. And I think it's awesome that you bought a bucket to sled in. How creative! :) We shopped in Cedar City Wal Mart for snow boots and they only had ONE pair of women's boots left. Can you believe that? Wal Mart? They are NEVER out of stock on crap like that. So I had to buy boots that are too big and they are part pink. I am a looker for SURE! Haha.

Irene Joy said...

How awesome is that?! You get your 65 degree weather one day and then you get to go up and sled all in the same couple weeks. That is a sweet deal I must say. That bucket looks safer than most sleds anyway! :) Glad you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! We have been wanting to take Tyler to the snow, but the next week it is supposed to rain a lot. I love the bucket pic!

Elaine said...

We miss the snow SO much! The closest location for us is like 8 hours away!! Texas is not known for that sort of terrain by any means. I'm sure your kids loved it!